“Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”
Shadow Transformation Weekend
Giles Carwyn with Bridget Benton
You have big dreams.
Are you afraid they will never come true?
You have incredible gifts.
Are you struggling to share them with the world?
You are longing to move forward.
Does it feel like something is holding you back?
That intangible something is our shadow — those hidden parts of ourselves that control our thoughts, feelings, and actions.
To thrive in life, we must bring those hidden parts of ourselves out of the darkness and into the light. If we have the courage to face what hides within us, it transforms. And our personal demons become our greatest allies.
A Shadow Transformation Weekend is an elegant, powerful, non-shaming opportunity to:
- Understand why you think and act the way you do
- Transform painful, self-limiting beliefs
- Overcome internal resistance
- Feel deep connection
- Embrace joy
Over the course of the weekend we will:
- Gather together and share who we are and what we hope to get out of the weekend
- Co-create a set of agreements that will help create a strong, safe, non-shaming environment for us to share
- Explain what Shadow Transformation is and how it works
- Do several powerful, fun experiential exercises that serve as a gateway into the archetypical energies we work with over the course of the weekend.
- Once the stage is set, each participant will have an opportunity to do a full Shadow Transformation process of their own choosing guided by Bridget and Giles.
- Each process is an opportunity to uncover the hidden dynamics underlying an issue you are currently struggling with.
- Once we uncover the painful shadow dynamic at the heart of your struggle, you will have a chance transform it into something that brings you joy and supports the life you want to lead.
- Other participants play an active role in each process. You will be able to support and be supported by others all along the way.
- Each process culminates in a deep shift in identity. You will be left with a new, empowering understanding of who you are and what you are capable of.
- Depending on time, at the end of the weekend we will do several exercises designed to help you integrate your experience and bring it forward into the rest of your life.
- Perhaps best of all–most leave the weekend with a sweet sense of intimate connection, loving community, hope and trust in one’s self and other people.
- And it’s a whole lot of fun.
Please consider joining us for this unique opportunity.
Everyone is welcome.
Giles is a novelist, screenwriter, father, and leader in the Asheville, NC ManKind Project. His passion for Shadow Work stems from a lifelong calling to dig under the surface, find the compassionate truth and bring it forth into the world.
Bridget is an artist and award-winning author of “The Creative Conversation: ArtMaking as Playful Prayer.” She is in the process of becoming a certified Shadow Work® Coach & Facilitator. Her passion is creating spaces where people can find their authentic voice and change the stories that hold them back. 503-913-4558 email@example.com
Friday Sept. 8th 6pm – 9pm
Saturday Sept. 9th 10am – 8pm
Sunday Sept. 10th 10am – 5pm
Typically Shadow Transformation weekends are offered for between $300-$500, but this weekend is being offered on a gift economy basis. That means, once your $50 deposit is in, the weekend is being offered as a gift from Bridget and myself to you. No other financial contribution is required.
And… At the end of the weekend you will have an opportunity to give a gift back to us if you feel inspired to do so. We encourage you to offer an amount based on the value you received from the weekend, your current financial situation, and your desire to see this kind of opportunity made available to others. Any amount will be gladly accepted.
This is a non-residential seminar. You are responsible for your own food and lodging. Snacks will be provided.
Limited to 12 participants.
412 Hazel Mill Rd.
Asheville, NC 28806